New Hamburg Yacht Club
The New Hamburg Yacht Club was originally incorporated in 1869 as an ice boat club. It is considered the sixth oldest yacht club in the country.
The original club house stood one story on stilts, with the ice boats stored underneath the building. In 1924, the first floor of the building was added, making the building a two-story club house. The 1924 addition, significantly renovated in 2002, serves as the club's meeting room, with the original "second story" serving as the club's bar. The bar is now known as Pop's Office after a long time legendary member and is a popular meeting spot during the boating season for members and friends.
The club has evolved into a recreational boaters club that has many ties to the community. A significant number of the club members reside in the hamlet, and the club prides itself on its community activism. Local residents are routinely invited to social functions and a community appreciation day is held annually.