Wivenhoe Sailing Club
The Club was founded in 1925 by a small group of local yachtsmen. The original clubhouse was the wooden hut on the slipway at the quay in the town. This was opened in 1936. In 1953 the club took over the upper floors of the building at the corner of Anchor Hill and the quay, above the British Legion. This continued to be the clubhouse until the move to the present new promises in 1994.